How to create looks?
As a ready-to-wear store, creating looks for your buyers is an unstoppable strategy for developing your sales. Collaborating with thousands of wholesalers and retailers on a daily basis, the My Fashion Wholesaler online wholesaler directory gives you advice on how to do this!
Why create fashion looks?
Combining several of the products you offer to present them in the form of looks has many advantages:
Improve the shopping experience
Creating consistent, inspiring looks can help your customers better visualize the clothing on offer in a realistic context. This can have a good influence on their shopping experience by giving them ideas for outfits to try, as well as providing them with an overall picture of your retail store’s aesthetic.
Looks can also help entice customers to buy clothes they like but might not have purchased on their own. When they see a piece of clothing highlighted in a look, it can give them an idea of how it could be worn and make them more confident in their choice.
Valorize your products
By creating looks and highlighting them in your window, your store can also highlight different products it offers, by combining them with other complementary items. This can help customers better understand the versatility of clothing and see how it can be worn in different settings.
Creating new looks can help your store to stand out from competitors. If a boutique creates unique and inspiring looks, it can grab customers’ attention and keep them coming back for new looks in the future. You also have the option of combining products from different wholesalers and manufacturers, which will make your looks even more unique. Given that there are wholesalers all over the world (only 500 in our directory), the possibilities for associations are endless!
Technically, how do you combine clothes to create looks?
Combining clothes into looks can seem difficult, but with a little creativity and inspiration, it’s actually quite simple. This goes through :
Look for sources of inspiration like fashion magazines, fashion blogs, Instagram and Pinterest accounts to find ideas for looks that you like, that are consistent with your world and also trendy.
Stay loyal to your shop’ style
Combine pieces from your ready-to-wear store to match the style and personality of your store. You will thus be sure to offer unique looks and stand out from competing stores.
Play with colors
Colors can bring a lot of life to your looks. Don’t hesitate to mix bright colors with neutral colors and to combine shades that go well together.
Balance the proportions
For loose pieces, pair them with more fitted pieces to balance the proportions of the look you’re putting together.
Try to bring accessories to add an original touch to your looks. Use it to bring textures, colors or a final touch to your outfit.
Style mixes are very trendy. Don’t hesitate to mix formal pieces with decontracted pieces for an original look. You can play with classical, rock, bohemian and chic styles (depending on the style of your shop).
Try differents combinations
The essential is to find the association you like and which matches with your boutique, and with your target goal. Try different combinations until you find the ones that speak to you the most. Don’t hesitate to ask notices to your friends and to persons who look like your target people.
5 advices to successfully create your looks
Once the entire selection phase of your parts has been completed, you have the opportunity to project yourself into looks that would allow you to combine them. To go further and succeed in creating looks, we give you 5 tips:
- Know your customers : It’s important to understand what your target customers like. It will help you to create looks who match with their lifestyle and their needs.
- Use models : If you have a physical storefront, use mannequins to showcase complete looks using accessories such as shoes, handbags, jewelry, etc. Be sure to change the clothes on the mannequins regularly to maintain customer interest,
- Create thematics : Organize your clothes by thematic to create complete looks. For example, you can create looks for holidays, work, decontracted… This will help your customers to find clothes for specific occasions.
- Use social media : Use social media to show inspiring looks. Publish pictures of your clothes, worn by models or customers. Don’t hesitate to add hashtags to help your customers to find your posts.
- Offer advice : Propose advice to your customers by suggesting clothing combinations that work well together. You can organize events and workshops to help your customers to learn how to associate their clothes effectively.